If you are wondering if your require professional indemnity insurance, there are a couple of other questions you should ask yourself to help you come to a conclusion.
- Do I offer professional advice and/or consultation?
- If the answer to this question is yes, then you likely require professional indemnity insurance. If you offer advice and consultation to your clients and you make a mistake then your clients can claim for compensation.
- Do you provide an expert service?
- If the answer to this question is yes, then you likely require professional indemnity insurance. If you are an architect, account or engineer and you make a mistake be it a miscalculation or a design error then your client could claim compensation.
- Do you handle sensitive or confidential information?
- If the answer to this question is yes, then you likely require professional indemnity cover. If you accidentally share this information with a third party you could face a compensation claim
What professions are most at risk?
With the above in mind, lets take a look at some of the most at exposed occupations to professional indemnity insurance claims. These occupations are at risk because they answered yes to at least one of the above questions and have a high level of responsibility. Their errors may lead to great financial loss for their clients.
Here is a short list of some of the most exposed occupations. You can click on the occupation to read more.
- Business Consultants
- Computer Programmers
- IT Consultants
- Website Designers
The list above is not exhaustive, for more information see our other post; Who needs Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Get Your Quote
Professional indemnity insurance is your safety net for if things ever go wrong. You’ll have some peace of mind knowing that you have the relevant protection in place.
To get your quote click the button above and find your occupation or select “Occupation not Listed” to get the relevant proposal form for you.
Public Liability Insurance
You may also require public liability insurance or employers liability insurance. Fortunately, we have a website dedicated to this which will have all the relevant information you need and allow you to get a quote quick and easy. Visit www.publicliability.ie and get your public liability insurance quote today.